Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The DNA Dance, Meiosis Dance & Mitosis Dance!

The Southern Oregon Arts & Research (SOAR) project was an enjoyable, hands-on experience that embed important basic biology information. Thanks to our project, I will never forget how DNA replication, meiosis and mitosis work. I was very fortunate that I knew all this important information so well, because it was on my Anatomy and Physiology test. If it wasn’t for our Southern Oregon Arts & Research project, I would have missed many more questions on that test. Practicing the dances for Southern Oregon Arts & Research was very fun, and through it I learned some of the information that is taught in upper division biology classes. Because I do not plan on taking a general biology class, the information that I learned from the project is very valuable to me.
A great thing that about figuring out how we wanted to perform the DNA, Meiosis and Mitosis dances, is that it made us use creativity, which is something that needs to be used more often in our society. The most satisfying part of the experience is that we taught other students valuable information, in a fun and creative way. Teaching other the University Seminar students what we had spent three terms learning, was a great way to end the school year. I enjoyed the University Seminar series very much and spending so much time on the Southern Oregon Arts & Research project is a large part of why spring term was so enjoyable to me. You are an awesome professor and I look forward to taking Nursing Genetics with you next year! Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment